"It's about how freelancers co-ordinate with clients and how they need to develop their skills for getting different projects on their accounts".
Odesk really works for freelancers and clients
Major points why Odesk is the best platform
I have been using the website as a freelancer and hired by different clients, Odesk provide free membership for all freelancers and clients but they will charge 10% on every earnings, we can able access number of skills tests on odesk so it's really nice interesting what want to be associated with this site.
- Odesk people always look forward to finding relevant jobs on the bases on your profile and your area of interest, because whatever keywords you search so next time they will show relevant jobs on your profile.
- Clients can contact you and you can clarify many project doubts before signing the contract so most of the time clients ask you to connect through skype for conducting an interview.
- Clients allocate specific time for each project so you want to extend time then you need to estimate time before signing the contract because it gives flexible time to complete your tasks and work.
- if you attend number of skill tests in number of times then there is scope for you gain many projects on your account and important thing is every test qualification marks around 2.50/5 and gives you rank but if you want to get high rank then you need to keep on writing same skill test every month so identifying weak areas are very important on relevant skill test then next exam you can get a decent score on the same skill test.
do you want me to explain by giving example?
- suppose you attended a skill test, you scored 2.40/5.00 and results failed but don't get disappoint by seeing result , good thing is, it gives total marks with percentages so you can again eligible to attend the test after one month so here you need to identify weak areas and try to rectify and come again for the test.
- when we discuss competition on odesk between freelancers then I can "no" because only active people can again and at the same how they dedicated the time by approaching different clients.
- one thing which we need to aware on odesk is you should observe the history of the client and rating of the client with freelancers so that you can decide to work with the client.
- it's always better to work in hours wise rather than fixed price if any case clients not satisfied with your work and even after completion work they don't pay you money so always better do demo work before signing the agreement.
- your profile should be updated every time by providing your qualification details, university, experience and other certifications you can add each and every detail so that your profile reached 100% accuracy.
- while applying with any client one you should remember to prepare a great cover letter to the client so how you can complete work and what are things you hold for the project etc.